Nobody strives to find faults in who they are, or how they look.
We all genuinely want to find that ‘go girl‘ confidence and feel good in the skin we’re in.
But in this day in age?
It can be freakin’ hard to not feed yourself a steady diet of self-criticism.
The truth is, these self-critical thoughts can start to stick to you like glue!
And with this type of mental distortion, it can cause us to do some crazy ass things!
Like starting yet another diet…even when you know it’s not the answer…
Or holding onto yet another pair of shorts…thinking you’ll fit into them ‘someday’…
Mmm.. or how about skipping out on the beach because your body isn’t yet ‘beach ready’?!
The truth is, this type of self-critical thinking has the ability to completely paralyze us if we ALLOW it to take full control of our lives.
Which is why this week?
We’re talking all about the importance of challenging your perceived body distortions, so you can work on rebuilding your self-esteem and start feeling good about yourself!
Does that sound like just the type of pick-me-up you need?
Then tap that play button like it’s no one’s business- and let’s get into it!
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- What exactly is body image, and what age it starts to develop?
- Why you can feel good in your body one second…but then it can change in an instant.
- Questions to ask yourself when you’re feeling negative body thoughts coming on.
- What you need to know about body checking (aka looking in the mirror, weighing, measuring etc).
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Get caught up on this months, Body Positivity Episodes.
- Want to connect with fellow soul sisters who are also ditchin’ diets, making peace with food, and coming home to their bodies? Join Turn up the Love Insiders! My totally FREE FB Group for all things Self-Love.
- If you’d like to take this journey even further, my calendar has recently opened up, and I’m taking on private clients to work with 1:1 on healing their relationship with food and coming home to their bodies. Setup a Meet + Greet to see if we’d make a good fit!
- Like/ Follow Turn up the Love to find out when a new episode goes live! 💜