Over the weekend, my in-law’s threw a going away party for my guy and I. We will be moving to Australia in less than a weeks time, so they wanted to host an open house to have close family and friends come to say their farewells before we jet.
Parties can be difficult to steer clear of high fat, carb and sugary choices if you don’t plan well. Due to me following a cruelty-free, plant based diet, I wanted to make sure that I had some healthy meal options that were in alignment with my body. I also love to promote healthy food options to others, so that they can see that eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean your plate has to be ‘boring’.
I opted for these fun and visually appealing Raw Zucchini Veggie Rolls, and I’m so glad I did. Not only were they easy to eat, (with it being such a full house, and not much room to sit, they were easy to just pop in your mouth), but they went like hot cakes!
Here’s a cute way to make veggies fun. Presentation is everything after all, how could you resist! 😉
- ½ cup cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (optional)
- 3 – 4 zucchini (each yields 6 – 8 slices)
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and sliced into think sticks
- 4 medium radishes
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- Drain cashews and put into food processor/ magic bullet with rice vinegar.
- Continue blending until cashews are a soft paste but still have some texture.
- (Might need to add a tablespoon of water to cashew mixture get the right consistency.)
- Chop the ends off of your zucchini
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel your zucchini into long, thin strips.
- Lay zucchini strip flat and add a small spoonful of cashew mixture onto one of the ends of zucchini. Add a few stips of veggies, avocado, and a couple of pieces of cilantro.
- Roll up and enjoy!