Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie
A couple of weeks ago, I completed a 5 days juice cleanse. Overall, I really enjoyed it. The biggest thing I gained from this cleanse, was mental clarity. I learned that my body felt it's best once I had eliminated meat and dairy from my diet. I had already slowly started to remove caffeine and sugar from my diet, so this was the next step. Since completing the cleanse, I decided that I was really going to try to go for a more plant based diet, and really cut back on my dairy intake. I learned so much about tuning in and listening to my body, and what it really needs. That was the inspiration for this week's recipe! I also wanted to share something fun and festive, for any fellow Canadian's who will be celebrating thanksgiving this weekend. (Everyone knows white girls go cray over ALL things PUMPKIN!) All of the ingredients in this smoothie are plant, and animal friendly products. I had so much fun with this, and the pumpkin spice smoothie was so filling and satisfying! Give thanks to your body this weekend by serving yourself up something nutritional and DELICIOUS! Slurps up! 😉
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup organic coconut milk, the canned kind (full fat or light)
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1 level scoop (or one snack pack) of Vega One French Vanilla Nutritional Shake
- 3-4 cubes of ice
- Add all ingredients into a blender. (I use the NutriBullet when making smoothies)
- Combine until all the ingredients are well blended, including the ice.
- Should be a smooth and creamy texture.
- Pour into a tall glass, or serve for guests in champagne flutes.
Great option to have for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. You will feel full and satisfied all day!
Serving size: 8oz Calories: 348 Fat: 17.1g Carbohydrates: 14g Sugar: 5.7g Sodium: 168.7mg Fiber: 4.8g Protein: 1.1g