By now, I’m sure you’re aware that healing negative body image doesn’t happen overnight.
It’s absolutely a process that requires heaps of self-care, and loving daily reminders that your worth isn’t determined by your size, weight, or shape.
However, when it comes to negative body image and weight issues, there are still quite a few influences that we have to consider.
Because unless we get super clear on what it is that’s causing us to remain on this endless journey of striving for ‘the perfect body‘, we will never be able to accept ourselves fully or bring freedom to this obsession.
And while, yes, we know that outside influences like the media can play a huge part in glorifying thinness as the ideal body type…
It’s not just the outside influences that we have to consider.
There are a lot of things that we are doing ourselves that cause us to continually struggle with negative body image and our weight issues.
Which is why I wanted to use this episode to shine a mega bright light on what 3 influences, I see, as being the major causes of you feeling at war with yourself, and your body.
Are you craving to be free with your body without the oh-so-rigid food planning and extreme exercise regimes?
Then hit play, below, and let’s dive in!
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode:
- How to know if you’re experiencing negative body image issues (signs and symptoms to look out for)
- The top 3 influences that cause negative body image and weight issues
- The not so secret truth about the media’s portrayed ideal thin body type
- Proof that thinness doesn’t actually = happiness
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Can’t let go of the idea of losing weight? Read this post I wrote on the Religion of Thinness
- Want to connect with fellow soul sisters who are also ditchin’ diets, making peace with food, and coming home to their bodies? Join Turn up the Love Insiders! My totally FREE FB Group for all things Self-Love.
- Like/ Follow Turn up the Love to find out when a new episode goes live! 💜