I can’t seem to get enough of this yummy bowl of goodness! When I transitioned towards a more plant based diet, I naturally tried to remove any ingredients that contained meat, out of my recipes. My first substitute was switching from meat to beans. My favourite bean being the whole and hearty black bean. When I was trying to come up with recipes that contained black beans, the first one that immediately came to mind was a BURRITO! Honestly, who doesn’t love Burrito’s? There are multiple ways to prepare them, and they are extremely satisfying.
Once I made this once, I was instantly hooked. I swear I ate it daily for lunch, for about 2 weeks straight. It was my most looked forward to meal of the day!
When I invited my girlfriend over to catch up, I knew I had to get her to try it. I paired it up with a side of green juice, and we had quite the healthy little dinner date. She absolutely loved it, so I know you will too!
- ½ c Brown Rice or Quinoa
- 1 c Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Roma Tomato
- ¼ c Black Beans
- ¼ c Corn Niblets
- ½ an Avocado
- 2 tbsp organic medium Salsa
- ½ Lime freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Chipotle Vegenaise
- Ensure you prepare your beans the night before. Black beans will need to be soaked in water for at least 12 hours. You can then cook them depending on what the package suggests. I like to prepare 2-3 days worth, so I don't have to soak the day before, each time I want to enjoy them.
- Cook your rice/ quinoa in a medium sauce pan.
- While your rice/ quinoa is cooking you can also cook your corn niblets.
- Chop your lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
- Once your grains are cooked, add to a medium size plate or pasta bowl.
- Next layer the lettuce, tomato, corn, beans, and avocado.
- Plop 2 tbsp of salsa on top.
- Drizzle with fresh Lime and some Chipotle Vegenaise dressing.