A vegan sandwich just isn’t complete without mushroom!
Putting together a good vegan sandwich is no easy task. It definitely needs some solid thought and construction. Not only does it need to have a playful balance of textures and flavors, but it should also be satisfying.
Roasted mushrooms are my ingredient of choice. Not only are they crispy and chewy, but they also add a ton of flavor in a sandwich when seasoned.
I know we’re all for making things easy these days. Once you roast the mushrooms you can make this sandwich in 5 minutes flat. I even encourage you to make a big batch of them ahead of time to make your life a hell of a lot easier.
Put em’ in between two slices of sundried tomato sourdough bread and you’ve got yourself a not so boring lunch! 😙
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 10 White button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Salt
- 4 Avocado, thin slices
- 2 Romaine lettuce, leaves
- 2 Red Onion, thin slices
- 3 Tomato, thin slices
- 1 teas Chipotle Vegenaise
- 1 teas Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 slices Sun-dried tomato Sourdough bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush 1 tbsp of coconut oil over the aluminum foil.
- In a single layer line all the slices of mushroom flat on the foil.
- Season the sliced mushrooms with some salt freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, remove from the oven, and carefully flip the sliced mushrooms.
- Bake the mushrooms again for an additional 15-20 minutes or until crispy on both sides.
- In the last 10 minutes of baking, ensure to keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Once they are cooked and crispy set them aside (refrigerate if using at a later time).
To Prepare the Sandwich:
- Spread earth balance vegan butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Lay the buttered slice on a non-stick pan, and heat over medium heat.
- Grill until they become crispy.
- Once crispy, remove from heat and spread chipotle vegenaise on both pieces of the ungrilled sides of bread.
- Place a layer of crispy mushrooms on top, romaine lettuce, 3 slices of tomato, and 4 slices avocado.
- Put your sandwich together, cut in half and enjoy!
Can also use just regular sourdough bread (doesn't have to be sun-dried tomato).
HAVE A RECIPE YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE?
SEND IT IN HERE FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON THE BLOG!