Pumpkins aren’t just for Jack-o-Lanterns and Pumpkin Pie
Now that the dreamy fall season is in full swing, it’s time to grab your spoon and warm up to a comforting bowl of soup.
Pumpkin soup makes for a great fall appetizer or it’s also a great light lunch option. You could always add a sandwich on the side or pair with a salad tossed with some vegetable fall staples. 🎃
The best part? You can #DitchDairy 🐮🚫 while still enjoying a comforting creamy soup. Heaviness and the after affect belly aches aren’t necessary!
Just opt for some unsweetened creamy coconut milk instead! Not only does it add some classy creamy swirls to beautify the bowl, but it also thickens this baby up.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, vegetable broth, allspice, and dried red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, thinning with coconut milk to the desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, drizzle with a teaspoon of coconut milk and serve.
HAVE A RECIPE YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE?
SEND IT IN HERE FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON THE BLOG!