The way to the Heart is Through the Stomach!
Want to do something nice for your sweetheart this Valentine’s day? How about serving up a loving plate of these cinnamon heart-shaped pancakes! If you’re flying solo this year, then up your self-care and claim the plate for yourself.
Valentine’s day holds a special place in my big pink glittery heart. It was on a very sweet February 14th (5-years ago), that I decided I would no longer wait for a man to make me happy.
I decided to hop aboard the self-love train, and one of the first stops was making myself heart-shaped pancakes on Valentine’s Day. It’s been a yearly ritual ever since. Now I just double the recipe and make them for me, and my forever guy.
After some serious flipping malfunctions and heaps of messy cleanups, I think I’ve finally mastered the vegan pancake. But I’ll let you be the judge of that! 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake flour
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoons organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- Drizzle of coconut syrup
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced Banana
- Heart shapped cookie cutter
- Measure out the almond milk, and pour into a small bowl.
- Add the vinegar to your almond milk, and set aside while you prep the dry ingredients.
- Grab a large bowl and add the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Once combined, pour the almond milk mixture, vanilla extract, and coconut oil into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Whisk together until there are no big clumps.
- To cook use a frying pan and heat medium-high heat.
- Add about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of coconut oil to your heated pan.
- Place the heart-shaped cookie cutter onto the pan, and slowly pour the mixed pancake batter inside.
- The pancakes are ready to be flipped once the edges appear cooked and bubbles form on top.
- Flip and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Once cooked, pop the pancake out of the cookie cutter.
- Serve immediately with coconut syrup, and top with your favourite fruit.
- Any leftovers can easily be frozen. Place in a freezer safe container or bag with a sheet of parchment paper between the pancakes.
HAVE A PLANT-BASED RECIPE TO SHARE?
SEND IT IN HERE FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON THE BLOG!