For some reason, since moving to ‘Straya’, I found myself craving fish, more than ever.
I’m sure it has something to do with the MASS amounts of Fish & Chips shops on every block.
I used to be ‘HOOKED’ on Fish Tacos!! But since eliminating meat from my diet, I try to keep even fish to a minimum.
Either way, these Chickpea Tacos were the next best thing 🙂
- Avocado Oil
- 6 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Chickpeas (1 can NO SODIUM, or soak chickpeas overnight and cook fresh)
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1c Carrots (Shredded or spiralled)
- Fresh Cumin or Cilantro (I prefer Cilantro, but Cumin adds a nice Mexican Spicy Flavour)
- Generous squeeze of Lime
- Season with Ground Cumin, Garlic, and Habanero Sauce
- Roast Chickpeas in oven or on stove
- Layer skillet or pan with Oil (Avocado oil preferred as it has a higher smoke point)
- Drain Chickpeas and add to Skillet or Pan
- Cook on low temperature
- Once Chickpeas are coated in oil, add spices
- Cook for approx 10mins stirring often until creamy on the inside, and crispy on the outside
- Chop up cherry tomatoes, peppers, and carrots
- Place Chickpeas and chopped veggies onto piece of romaine
- Add a generous amount of lime and get ready for a party in your mouth!