I’ll never forget the morning I stepped on my scale and saw that I had reached my ultimate ‘goal weight’.
I nearly had to blink twice to make sure I was seeing straight.
Being someone who had battled with diets on and off for over 10 years…
…I honestly was starting to think that I’d never see the day.
But then it hit me.
Even though I had FINALLY accomplished my goal weight – I honestly didn’t FEEL any different.
I mean… where on earth was a god damn rainbow and pot of gold I was promised?
I still didn’t feel any more free in my body, I certainly didn’t love or approve of myself yet, and I sure as hell didn’t feel the sense of accomplishment that I was so desperately wanting.
Literally, nothing changed.
Except for the shining red number that stood before me on a piece of plastic, and a meeting a version of myself that took up LESS space in the world.
I share this with you because there is a common belief that body image is correlated with one’s actual physical appearance.
Many of us believe that if we somehow “improve” how we look – by losing weight, we will be happier with our appearance.
And I get it!
In a world surrounded by diet culture, this absolutely makes sense.
But it’s not always true!
The truth is, losing weight doesn’t always make us feel better about ourselves.
So what in the heck can you do instead?
You can start by giving this weeks episode a listen.
Because this week?
We’re talking all about how to be body positive, without even considering weight loss!
So if you’re tired of playing this numbers game, do yourself a favour and hit the play button below.
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- Ways to be body positive without even considering weight loss.
- How weight stigma is further feeding the fat phobic, disordered eating epidemic.
- What is the Health at Every Size Approach, and why is it so important to understand.
- How to choose body acceptance.
- Why the only approval you’ll ever need is your own.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Get caught up on last week’s episode, 5 Things Body Confident Women Refuse to Do.
- Want to connect with fellow soul sisters who are also ditchin’ diets, making peace with food, and coming home to their bodies? Join Turn up the Love Insiders! My totally FREE FB Group for all things Self-Love.
- If you’d like to take this journey even further, my calendar has recently opened up, and I’m taking on private clients to work with 1:1 on healing their relationship with food and coming home to their bodies. Setup a Meet + Greet to see if we’d make a good fit!
- Like/ Follow Turn up the Love to find out when a new episode goes live! 💜